Speaking Engagements With Dr. J. Alan Branch
My first and primary call is a call to preach and I enjoy doing so. I am always happy to preach for any church, so here are few points to consider if you want to invite me. Feel free to email me at ABranch@mbts.edu and we can arrange a phone appointment to discuss a preaching engagement.
1. I am happy to preach at any church of any size.
2. Honorarium: I do not have a specific honorarium I require. Don’t let money keep you from inviting me!
3. Travel: For churches in the Kansas City area, I will drive my own automobile. I will be reimbursed for mileage at the rate approved by the IRS. If the church is further away, I may rent a car and submit the cost of the rental car and gas to the church for reimbursement. If I fly to a preaching destination, I will make my own flight reservations and submit a receipt for reimbursement by the church.
4. Accommodations: I prefer to stay in a hotel instead of a home. Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, or something comparable is acceptable. Exceptions may be made for rural areas with no hotels nearby.
5. Pulpit Supply: I am delighted to fill the pulpit when the pastor is away.
6. Revivals: My availability for revivals is limited by my class schedule at MBTS. I prefer for revivals to be on my schedule at least six months in advance. I can come on a love offering basis if a church desires.
7. Marriage Retreats: Lisa and I are available for weekend marriage retreats. Because of Lisa’s work responsibilities, these also need to be scheduled six months in advance.
8. Worldview Weekends: As an ethics professor, one of my favorite formats is a “worldview weekend.” This typically involves a Sunday where I speak on various topics such as marriage, homosexuality, the sanctity of human life, and other ethical issues. I am happy to discuss various topics a pastor feels his church needs addressed at these weekends. I suggest a pastor choose 3 or 4 of the following topics to be addressed at the worldview weekend:
- Adultery – General Presentation
- Adultery – Proverbs 5
- Artificial Reproductive Technologies (IVF; Artificial Insemination)
- Divorce and Remarriage
- Domestic Violence
- End-of-Life Decisions
- God and Government
- Homosexuality and the Bible
- Homosexuality and Scientific Evidence
- Live-In Relationships
- Marriage – Christian Doctrine of Marriage General Presentation
- Marriage – Genesis 1 & 2
- Marriage – Ephesians 5 and the roles of Husband and Wife
- Marijuana (Legalization and recreational use)
- Pornography – The Dangers of Pornography
- Poverty and Christian Ethics
- Racism and Christian Ethics
- Seven Principles for Character in Christian Ministry
- Sexual Ethics – General Presentation
- Sexual Ethics – 1 Corinthians 6 & 7
- Sexual Ethics, Dating, and the Single Christian
- The Ten Commandments and Christian Ethics
- War and Christian Ethics
9. The Historical Reliability of the Gospels: I have a number of presentations regarding the historical reliability of the Gospels and the Resurrection accounts. I am happy to present these in various settings.